Monday, June 18, 2012

2012 ToyCon - Mega Hauls!

Three days of toy hunting.

I was able to attend the convention for two days. The convention opens at 10:00 in the morning and closes at 10:00 in the evening, my work starts at 2:00 in the afternoon and ends at 11:00 in the evening. Basically I have three hours (10:00am-1:00pm) to take photos, visit each and every stalls, dig into piles of toys, eat, drink and rest then rush to the office. After two days of doing that I did not have enough sleep to do it again on the last day of the convention. Nevertheless, it was fun fun fun! The ToyCon that was held last year did not meet the expectation of most of the people who attended, two halls jam packed with cosplayers and display stalls. Not enough toys for a convention dedicated for toys. We were not expecting much for this years ToyCon that is why when we arrived at the con on the first day we were surprised and really happy to see that they occupied three huge halls for this years convention. Not only that, during the opening the MC announced that the first day would be retailers day. Yes no cosplayers for the first day (I don't have anything against cosplayers, my cousin does cosplay and I even help him with his costumes. It's just hard to roam around and look for toys when every now and then you get hit with something spiky or huge. :D), just toy fun. As soon as we entered the hall my brother and I separated (he is into figures) and just like what is expected the hall was filled with toys! It took me two hours to locate the stalls who sells die cast cars and look for the cars that is in my wish list. I was able to purchase several cars that is included in my side collect but none for my main line. No remote controlled cars as well. I did manage to borrow a digital camera from my cousin, I took pictures on the second day and was able to get a couple of cars again. I also meet two collectors from DCPH.info and got several more cars from them. Thank you again to James and Shilo! (you can also visit Shilo's blog here Shilos Garage) I will posting my hauls on a separate post but here are the pictures that I was able to take on the second day of the convention. Sorry for the poor image quality, don't worry I will be getting a DSLR, hopefully! :D

Die cast Pictures










Random Toys

























Here is a picture of me with V and a picture of the very busy crowd.

And on my way to work I saw this very beautiful display! I really wanted to sit inside the cockpit.


Thanks for looking! See you in my next post. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment