Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Toy Car Over Haul Logo


I'm really not sure if someone noticed but I have changed my blog title three times already. Well there are a couple of reasons for that, the first one is me reading a lot about increasing the traffic for your blog using the SEO. I was thinking of a more search able words for my blog title that really represents the blog content as well. From "Barn Finds & Good Hauls" I changed the title to "Flea Finds & Good Hauls". I was okay with the title and no it did not increase my blogs search-ability. It stayed like that for awhile but after reading several blogs I found my blog title lacking the personal touch. It was too, uhhm generic? Dull? So I've decided to change it one more time. 

This time I took into consideration the contents of my blog, the search-ability and the future works that I would be doing for this blog. I wanted it to be personal, exciting and cool looking. I'm also planning to modify a car with my blog title as the tampo/decal so I have decided to create a logo that will incorporate the blog title and so I started to look for references. While browsing lots of car related websites I came across the word "overhaul". Which according to the free online dictionary means:

1.A. To examine or go over carefully for needed repairs.
2. To make extensive renovations or revisions.

That word hit the jackpot, like what I have said before in the blogs description, this blog is for my hauls, restorations and modifications. Overhaul covers the restoration and the modification part, so what about the weekly or daily hauls? Well if you would notice the spelling of my overhaul in the title includes a space in between the word "Over" and "Haul" and that is the best phrase to describe what usually happens when I go toy hunting. :D

Design wise, I took the inspiration from classic rally posters and logos. I am a really big fan of classic rally and hot rods so I took the design from rally and took the color palette from my hot rod magazines that I have here. 

Well that is it for now, I'm still working on the pictures of my hauls. I still don't have the lights for my micro studio and a decent camera to take pictures with. Till next time, keep on over haulin!


No comments:

Post a Comment