Sunday, May 27, 2012

Online Hauls - Nikko Cosmo Flash & Tamiya QD Clod Buster

For my previous posts my hauls came from conventions and toy stores, like any other avid toy collectors I'm also a member of several forums and I also browse online stores to look for toys. For my post today, I will be sharing two of my Hauls that I got from the Internet. One is from an online store and the other one came from a fellow forum member.

It is very very rare for you to find something really cheap and something that you really like at the same time specially in an online store. But it is possible. I do check online stores but I rarely buy something there. I only purchase toys in online stores if the shipping cost is not that expensive and if the I really really like the toy. During one of my regular visit in an online store I saw a new post for Nikko Remote Control. Whenever I check a post, I first check the pictures and if I like what I see I then check the price and then the location. And that is what I did when I saw the Nikko, I checked the pictures and saw that front wheels are melted but everything else is there and in good condition. I then checked the price and saw that it was just selling for 350.00 Philippine Peso (roughly $9). I got excited because it was really cheap considering the condition of the kit. I then checked the location and was really happy to learn that the seller is willing to do meet ups in Manila. I arranged for a meet up and I had my brother do the meet up because he is much closed to the sellers location.

Later that week my brother arrived with the Nikko RC. It is a Nikko Cosmo Flash, It says in the box that it is 1/15 scale. Everything is there when I opened the box, it does not seem that it has been played with or anything. It does not have any scratches, it is dirty but there are no scratches, this made the price much much cheaper. Now all I need to do is look for a replacement tire, buy some batteries and this baby will be flashing in no time.




My second haul came from a fellow forumer. I recieved a PM from him and he told me that he wants to sell a Tamiya RC that he had since he was a kid. I was really excited when I got this PM, just imagine that, he got the Tamiya RC when he was a kid, 10 years, 15 years back that is vintage no matter what model it is. I sent him an SMS and asked for the model and his asking price, he replied with Tamiya Clod Buster and 1,500 Peso ( roughly $36) and the location where he can do meet ups. I got even more excited when I learned that it is a Clod Buster, Clods are HUGE! I agreed with the price and we agreed on the date and location for the meet up. He did mention the size of the car in inches and that confused me because what he told me is that it's just 12 inches long. A Clod Buster, well the one that I usually see being modified to be a crawler is at least 15 inches long, but I agreed to do meet up anyways.

Meet up.

I saw him approaching and I was like "Is that a Clod Buster?" in my mind. The car in the plastic bag that he brought is small. We greeted each other and went to business. I took the car out of the bag and saw that it is really a Clod Buster, and then I remembered, Tamiya released a QD version of the Clod Buster. I checked the condition of the kit and tried to haggle. The kit is missing its transmitter but the condition of the kit is fair. Good for the price that I got it. I was really happy with how the seller dealt with my haggling, he was really kind and straight forward. He even promised that if ever he finds the TX he will let me know. (I'm still waiting for his SMS though XD) I'm really not sure if I will be restoring this kit or just use the shell for a Wheely King because I'm planning on buying one as well. Anyways here is a pic of the monster Clod Buster.



I know I have been posting RC hauls for the past three posts, don't worry, I'm just taking photos of my die cast hauls and I will be posting them soon.

4 comments:

  1. I want the qd clod if ya don't need it I restoring one as I'm typing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. help i need cosmo flash blue i will buy help help my Mail oppiogianni@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you selling Nikko RC Cosmo Flash?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarei interessato alla cosmo flasc

    ReplyDelete