Friday, July 20, 2012

Flea Hauls: Subaru 360 & Jeep Wrangler

Yesterday I went on flea hopping, I was not really expecting that much because I know that most of the flea markets that I usually go to does not have anything new on the shelves because it is not the time of the month yet. First Flea shop I went to was setting up for the new arrivals this coming week, tried to peek whats new but I did not find anything interesting. (If you are not from the Philippines you might be wondering how flea markets works here in the Philippines. Well it's like this, it's like a flea market slash thrift shop. Sellers rent their own units in old buildings or establishments and every month they have new stocks of second hand goods being sold everyday. If you have been watching Discovery Channel's "Dirty Money", the flea markets here in the Philippines is not like that.) Went to the next and still nothing. Went to the third and found a 1/35 Votoms pilot set. It's made by CMS, I picked it up because I have a 1/35 Votoms Marshydog and I am hoping to sell both for a profit.


CMS AT-Pilot Votoms
Yes it is for sale so drop me a mail. :D

I was loosing momentum after this, I was already thinking of not visiting the other shops but then I remembered that one of the shops in Manila just finished renovating their store. I went their thinking that I can also drop by the Die cast store near the flea shop. I arrived at the shop and saw that the lower ground was used for second hand clothes and shoes. The upper floor was used for used furniture and electronic gadgets. "No more toys?" I thought to myself. I still went it to take a look at the newly painted floor. On my way up I saw that there were a couple of 1/43 cars displayed behind the counter. Most of the time, items displayed behind the counters of flea markets here in the Philippines means that those items are not for sale or they are reserved. I approached the cashier and asked about the Nissan Skyline R34. She told me that it's up for sale. I checked it out and found out that it is a cheap bootleg. I gave it back and looked at the cars displayed, I saw a several Hotwheels and Matchbox, nothing special. While looking at the cars I asked if all of the cars are for sale. She answered yes and pointed at the cars that I was looking at, after that she said "Ito rin sir." ("and these as well") pointing at another shelf below the one I was looking at. A couple of 1/72's, several Choro Q's and a Tomica. A Tomica! My inside was screaming with joy, as soon as I saw the livery on this one I knew I got something good. I picked it up and checked the condition of the car. No scratches, some light discoloration, a little dirty but everything is good. Nothing a little TLC can't solve. I asked for the price and made a very good deal with the cashier. I went back to the shelf and found on top of the Japanese labeled CD's Choro Q Jeep Wrangler. I have posted my Choro Q Jeep Wrangler a while back and mentioned something about the rarity of this model. Well I guess my friend was referring to this specific model when he mentioned that it is a bit hard to find. Here are the pictures of my hauls. 

Takara Tomy 1/60 NO.21 
Subaru 360 Event Special






I wonder what that translates too?


Choro Q Jeep Wrangler with Display Case





Here are some pictures of the Standard and Limited together.






It's a shame that both cars did not come with their original boxes but for the price that I got them, that is asking for too much. I am really happy that I visited the shops yesterday and I am really thankful to my wife for allowing me to visit them!  : p

Well that is it for now, thanks for looking and keep on Over Haulin!

P.S. I will update this after I cleaned up the Subie! :D



7 comments:

  1. hi there !!! i realized that you became a fan of my humble blog and i’m glad for that... you have a nice blog as well so i have joined yours... i was wondering if you’re interested in a blog link exchange ??? i mean, i would put your blog in my blog roll and you could do the same... just let me know... =)

    P.S. by the way, i’m the owner of My First Bloggy Experience... =O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The error message that I am getting is that "No feeds found, updates will not be posted." Something in that nature.

      Delete
  2. :D thanks for joining and thank you for the compliment! I added your blog into my "Fellow Blogger" list but yours is showing an error I am really not sure why. Anyways let me know if there's something else I need to do to fix this. Thanks again! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mr. RealGon... it seems that you’re the second fellow blogger with the same problem... the issue is probably related with the feed or RSS feed of my blog... there must be an option in your blogroll gadget settings to configure the RSS feeds and try these links for feed:

    http://chrismandesign.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

    OR

    http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/yzdxJ

    please let me know if it actually works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go, the first link worked perfectly. :D

      Delete
  4. HEHE... i’m glad that it worked fine... Your blog is already in my fellow blog list and i will be commenting now and then here, if you don’t mind of course... is great to meet fellow collectors all over the world =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding me in your list. Please feel free to leave comments, I actually want more comments from my readers, although I may not be able to update my blog for a few more weeks because of my morning job, but I sure hope I can update it soon. :D

      Delete