Saturday, June 23, 2012

The one that got away.

Yes a car just got away from me by mere hours. We have this Ebay like online buy and sell website here in the Philippines and I was browsing it the other night when I saw a Marui 1/10 Samurai with all the electronics and the TX posted for 1,500 pesos (roughly $35). From the pictures I can tell that it was in good condition, honestly with its price it is really really a steal. I was all excited and all because for the first time I will be getting something I have been looking for for a very very long time now and for a fraction of what I am expecting to pay for it if in any case I will be purchasing it in Ebay. I was so excited that I sent an SMS to the seller at 4:00 in the morning and I was really sleepy already by that time but I decided to wait for the seller to reply. Unfortunately I fell asleep. I woke up seven hours later and saw that the seller replied at around 6:00am ans said that the RC is still available and it is still for sale. I replied, advising the seller of my schedule to meet up with him. He did not reply, I messaged him again before I went to the office hoping that by break time I will get a reply from him (phones are not allowed in my work and I have to leave it in my locker). First break, I checked my phone, no replies. I thought maybe he is still at work. Lunch time and last break, checked my phone still no reply. Shifts over, I sent him a message again advising him that I can meet him up anywhere and that I am interested in buying the RC. I arrived home with still no replies from him. I decided to check the pictures again and this is what I got from the page:

The advertisement posted in this page is already inactive and it is possible that the details here are already invalid. Content posted in this page is only provided for reference and does not constitute fact. Please be guided accordingly.
View Inactive Advertisement

My heart broke. I checked the details and it was updated 9 hours ago, so that was like three in the afternoon-ish? If only I was able to reply to him when he messaged me at around six in the morning. It kind of sucks that the seller did not even bother to reply in one of my messages that he is talking to someone already. I also feel stupid for not staying awake long enough for his message. Well better luck next time, like what they always say "kung para sayo, para sayo." ("if it is really meant for you, it is meant for you or it is going to be yours.")

Well here are some of the pictures of the RC that got away from the Internet.


And here are some pics from a fellow blogger. I really envy his collection, you can visit his blog here :http://japan-hobby.blogspot.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment