Friday, February 15, 2013

To Infinite.ly and Beyond! Full Version!

Yep I got the full version! Many thanks to TopBlogs and Infinite.ly!

Okay, so I have upgraded my account to a small biz account and with that I was able to access a few options that was not available in the free account that I used to test the interface of Infinite.ly. 

Before I go on with my updated review, let me first enumerate the high lights and the low lights from the previous test that I did.

High Lights


  • Fun, easy and simple way of launching your own website.
  • Laid back feel to the interface, removing the pressure and the stress of building your own site.
Low Lights
  • There is no option for switching from design mode to HTML/Script mode. (for those who want more control over the page)
  • No option to edit objects such as the names of the buttons. You however can change the font style and button color.
  • No option to add buttons and or option to add pages or tabs where you can link from one page to another page.
  • Tool bar is totally different from other most common application toolbar.
  • No option to upload your own font styles.
  • No rulers.
Looking at the bullets you might think that I did not like what I experienced but that is incorrect. Like what I have mentioned on my previous post, I really like how simple the interface was and how they were able to make building your own site this simple. Points mentioned above are just suggestions that if added to the site would make it more great.

So what is the difference between the free account versus the small biz account? Well, not much to be honest. But they are not bad at all.

Your very own domain name! Yep, once you upgrade your account you will have your own domain name. How cool is that?! It did however gave me a hard time, I totally forgot about the domain name when I upgraded my account so it took some time before I came up with a name for the webpage. :D

Under the Content button there were two additional options that were added when I upgraded the account. 



The first one is the HTML widget and the second one is the signup form widget. I did mention that it would have been nice to be able to switch from design to script mode, well this is not what I was talking about. If you are familiar with the web page design software Dreamweaver you'll know what I am talking about. I have not really experimented on this widget yet but checking it out, it's very similar to the HTML/Java gadget of Blogger. 

The signup widget is basically a sign up form, mainly used for business type web pages.

I did play a little more with my page (had time because it's my rest day :D) and found a few more points for suggestion. 


This window will show up whenever you update your page. When you update your page you need to press on the publish button so that the page will be updated. The pop up is amusing at first but after some time it gets a little annoying. Particularly if you are the type of person that wants to check his page on the actual page and not on the editing page. I hope a tick box can be added to have the window not pop up whenever you publish your page.

Editing your bog post here is not as easy as editing your blog in Blogger but that might be me being subjective because I am already used to editing posts here.

I still can't get over with the in ability to edit the names of buttons on your page. So I really hope that option gets added in the future. Also, if you have noticed you can actually edit the names of your sections, but be careful, because I don't think you can edit it again once you click on save. I thought I can change it back so I replaced contacts with call me maybe. LOL



It would also be nice to have hotkeys and shortcuts, like Ctrl+Z to undo things that you have edited. More color options and color gradients would be an awesome addition as well. Aside from those mentioned everything is just great, I am still working on my page so I might still find some new stuffs and I will try to post it here as I try to update you guys with the progress of my web page. 

Anyways, that's it for now, thanks for dropping by and keep on Over Haulin!


No comments:

Post a Comment