Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hong Kong Haul : Car Magazine Tomica Limited Mazda Savanna RX-7 Racing

Nope, I did not go to Hong Kong to buy this very cool car, how I wish I could though.

I bought this from a fellow collector who (I'm not sure) stays or regularly visits HK for diecast cars. He posted several Tomica's from the same Car Magazine line and one of them is the RX-7 Savanna. This car has been in my wish list for a very long time, there has been some that was posted in the forums some are cheap but I was not quick enough to place dibs on it, and some are too expensive it breaks my heart when some one places a dibs on it. 

When Hotstuff (That is his forum name) posted this baby, I wasted no time and immediately placed dibs on it. It was priced just right and at the right time too, when I clicked on the link it says "7 Views", so I was the 8th guy to click on the link. Good thing the first four guys is not into this car. Haha! 

I had to wait for more than a month before I got hold of the car, because they had to complete all the orders first and all of the orders where shipped at the same time. I was so excited when I went to pick it up, and I was so happy with how they packaged it. It was placed inside a Tomica Shop plastic bag then was wrapped with one layer of bubble wrap. The transaction was so satisfying that I can't wait to order a car from him once more. 

Sir Hotstuff, thank you very much! :D

As you can see in the picture, this series, packages the car inside a magazine (or book) like box. You can flip open the cover to reveal pictures of the car. Once you flip over the box itself, a magazine with several more pictures and the history of the car is featured written in Kanji me thinks (I want to learn what ever language this is because of this magazine. hehe) and some more pictures of other Tomica models. 




I really like this series, it's sad that they don't have that much models for it though. A Datsun BRE 510 would be very nice. And I would definitely get one if they would release one. Among the many versions of the RX-7, the Savanna Racing version is my favorite. I love the livery of this car as well, very classic and very race-y. :D





I wont be opening this one, but I will look for a loose one instead. So far this is one of my favorite in my collection and I am pretty sure you will be seeing several more of this car in different versions in my blog. 



And speaking of my blog here is a sneak preview of what you will be seeing in my posts probably next month or next next month. I really don't want to start posting them until it's halfway complete. 


Guess what's inside the black plastic containers. 


Yep! Mooooore CMS!


Update on my Camera? I have not bought one yet. haha! I can't seem to make my self to buy one, I'm torn between buying an expensive new model digital camera and buying a second hand high end late model compact DSLR. Anyhow, I am having so much fun taking pictures of my cars because of my mini photo studio that looks like this. 


That's it for now, thanks for viewing. Keep Over Haulin! :D

P.S. I have noticed that we have new viewers. Thank you StuG, Bowerbird and Berber Conan for following and I hope you'll enjoy your stay! :D

chrismandesign, I got your email, thanks! Unfortunately, I can't tell what's it for, for now. :D

2 comments:

  1. this is a really nice haul !!! the packaging is seriously big, i like the design overall =)... the model itself is pretty classic, the pad printing job is showy and the wheels design perfect !!!... it reminds me a diecast i had by Majorette, same model but in black, nowadays is something really hard to find and hence too expensive =(... congrats, but i suggest you (as to all my fellow diecast collectors)... set it free !!! LOL...

    P.S. i will let you surprise me HEHEHE...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I won't give in. I will not set this loose until I have another one that is sealed. :D Yes, the one from Majorette and Matchbox are really expensive now and I want them both really bad. I agree with you with regards to the packaging, I love to do packaging when it comes to design and what they did on this one is really really cool. You can instantly feel nostalgic as soon as you set your eyes on it, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to set it loose, the car looks good with the packaging. :D

      Delete