Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lucky Haul : Nikon Cool Pix in Mica Blue

Yep, finally I got myself a digital camera. I really have no intentions of buying one, I was just checking out the phones that was on display around the cell phone shops that sells brand new and second hand electronic gadgets. Did find a couple of near mint Sony Ericsson's that I like, but like what I have said I really don't have any intentions of buying anything. 

Some of the stalls sells Video Cameras, Tablets, DSLR's and of course Digicams. When a Mica Blue colored Subaru Impreza zooms in and out of your sight, I am 100% sure that you will take notice even if you are not a car enthusiast. There's something about that hue of blue that really catches your attention. 


Image borrowed from http://www.subaru.ca

And that's exactly what I experienced when I saw the Nikon displayed in one of the many glass cabinets of the stall where I bought the camera. I immediately approached the sales lady standing behind the cabinet and asked if I could check the camera. Turned it on and it was ready to shoot in just a second. Fiddled with the settings and had it set on Macro, pointed at something small and took a picture. 16 Mega Pixel plus Nikon Technology, the picture was so sharp and clear I didn't want to let go of the camera. I mentally took note of the model and handed the camera back to the sales lady. 



"Kunin niyo sir?" ("Do you want to buy it sir?") said the sales lady while I was handing back the camera. The condition of the camera is almost brand new but I know that it's being sold second hand. 

"Ano ano ba kasama? Me SD card?" ("What else is included? Does it come with an SD card?").  "Charger po at 8GB SD card." ("Charger and an 8GB SD card.") she replied. "Magkano ba?" ("How much?") I asked.

"2,000 nalang po." ("$45" [roughly :D]) She answered. I almost blurted out a wow but managed to hold it in, I can feel that I can still haggle a bit and have the price lowered down more. I decided to point out the things that can depreciate the selling value of the camera, I know for a fact that it's a second hand unit and used units more often than not does not have their original box and accessories like the charger with them. "Anong charger kasama niyan? Wala naring box yan no?" ("What type of charger is included? And it does not come with the original box, right?") I said, sounding a bit interested with the unit but still hesitant because of the price. 

"Universal charger po. Magkano po ba budget niyo?" ("It comes with a universal charger. How much are you willing to pay for the unit?" She asked. She fell for it! "1,800." ($40) I replied. She told me to wait for her because she is going to ask her employer about it. She was gone for a couple of minutes and then she gave me a "yes" nod while she was walking back to the stall. We tested the charger, took a couple more of pictures then I paid for the camera. 

I know it's not the best digital camera around but boy for the price and the condition of the camera, this is one hell of a haul. And did I say that blue is my favorite color? 




 

     


    Specifications:
  • EXPEED C2 image processing engine
  • 16 megapixel CCD image sensor
  • 1/2.3-in CCD sensor (total pixels: approx. 16.44 million)
  • 10x zoom NIKKOR lens with wide-angle coverage
  • Up to 4x digital zoom
  • 6.7 cm (2.7-in.), approx. 230k-dot TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
  • ISO 3200 capability
  • Scene auto selector
  • 18 optimized scene modes
  • HD movie recording (720p) with stereo sound
  • Anti-blur technology
  • 74MB of internal memory
  • Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
  • Hi-speed USB interface
  • Versatile image adjustment and editing functions
  • VR image stabilization
And with that do expect a little more pictures for every post that I'll be doing. Anyways, that's it for now, thanks for looking and keep on Over Haulin!

No comments:

Post a Comment